4th ANNUAL IPR ASIA SUMMIT 2022
In today's intellectual era, India has shown a considerable growth in its research and development. The presence of well-established state of the art labs of Indian as well as multinational companies in the country has clearly proved the Indian IP status in the world. The rise in Indian economy is a clear impact of Intellectual Property influence in the country. In the modern-day environment of digitalisation and global knowledge sharing, the need for protection of intangible assets is higher than ever before. IPR provides a secure environment for investors, scientists, artists, designers, traders etc. to foster innovation and scientific temper. This innovation often has potential to yield astronomical returns and rewards to creators and users.
For many businesses, intellectual property protects more than just an idea or a concept - it protects genuine business assets that may be integral to the core services of the business and overall long-term viability. Companies of all sizes are at risk of having their unique ideas, products or services infringed upon, even if they are on the other side of the world, making intellectual property protection more important than ever. The legal structure for IPR does reflect the underlying policy orientation and national priorities, which have evolved over time, considering the development needs and international commitments. Intellectual property protection is critical to fostering innovation.
The continuous efforts of the government in policy establishment, IT protection, infrastructure, IPR search portals and manpower made this Industry a step ahead.
The 4th Annual IPR India Summit 2022 will delve on the aspects of providing meaningful and valuable insights from IP leaders by offering a mix of thought provoking and practical sessions while covering a wide range of topics along with a unique industry networking platform.
Global Brand Relations Manager, APAC & Middle East
General Counsel, Compliance Officer & Company Secretary- India & South Asia
Schindler India Pvt. Ltd.
Consultant - IP Analytics
Tata Consultancy Services Ltd.
Balaji Telefilms Ltd.
Dr. Suni Augustine
Vice President Legal
Head & Patent Counsel, Intellectual Property Management
Unichem Laboratories Ltd.
Intellectual Property Head- Design & Patents
Godrej & Boyce Manufacturing Company Ltd.
Indian Music Industry
Kaizad Adi Hazari
President & Global Head - Legal, Compliance, IP and Corp Affairs
Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Legal Counsel - India
Syngenta India Pvt. Ltd.
Director- Legal and IP Litigation - APAC
Lotus Pharma (Alvogen Group)
Khaitan & Co.
Co-founder & Chief of Growth
Legistify Services Pvt. Ltd.
Marketplace Development Manager - Asia Pacific
Head – Legal & Company Secretary
Tata Consulting Engineers Ltd.
Dy. General Counsel
Tata Chemicals Ltd.
Srihari Mukesh Tirumalai
Senior Analyst, Patents & Anaytics CoE
Legasis Pvt. Ltd.
Leader, Patents & Analytics Center of Excellence, GE Research
General Electric Company
General Manager- Legal & IP
Reliance Life Sciences Pvt. Ltd.
Senior Vice President & General Counsel
UFO Moviez India Ltd.
KEY TOPICS OF DISCUSSION
- Identifying opportunities and steering R&D with patent landscaping and analysis
- IP Strategy as part of business strategy
- Patent Infringement and damages claim
- Blockchain to power Intellectual Property Rights
- Indicators for assessing the strength of IPRs in pharmaceutical sector
- Green intellectual property as a strategic resource in the sustainable development of an organization
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND?
- Get insights on India's strategy on IPR and the appropriate legislative framework on IPR in conformity with the changing dynamics of innovation
- Understand how intellectual property aligns with R&D and business strategy
- Map out the latest emerging strategies to manage the portfolio of IP assets, IP cost control and achieve highest possible ROI
- Gain in-depth guidance on financing of IP assets
- Discuss the latest technology and innovation in the field of IPR and legal strategy to protect IP
- Learn the importance of IP for international trade and global management of IPR
- Understand how to manage the digital IP
- Get the expertise on protecting & enforcing IPR while also claiming infringement and damagess
- Connecting with the industry experts from different sectors and learn about their experiences
WHO WILL YOU MEET?
Functional heads of:
- IPR & Brand Protection
- Patents, Trademarks & Copyrights
- Legal & Regulatory Affairs
- In-House Counsel
- IP Portfolio Management
- Anti - Piracy
From following industries:
- Pharmaceuticals & Biotech
- Manufacturing - Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM)
- Media and Entertainment
- Online Platforms & E-commerce
- Any other industry affected by IP issues
- Food & Beverages
- Information Technology
This summit will enable participants to effectively
- Learn about different patents, their relevance in knowledge-based industries
- Analyze, evaluate patents and draft an effective patent strategy
- Monetize patents and explore the commercial aspect
- Learn about IPR infringement & claiming damages in different scenarios
- Protect IPRs including the digital IPR
- Understand how to manage the digital IPRs
- Learn about Digital Content Management
- Manage IPRs based on AI